Columbia welcomes the opportunity to work with you and your clients to identify tax-wise ways to support CUIMC’s mission. Please contact us directly for information or confidential help.
Frequently Requested Information
Legal Name: "The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York"
All planned gifts should be directed to:
The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York
c/o Planned Giving
516 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Tax ID Number: EIN 13-5598093
Please contact us for a copy of our tax letter.
Once you complete your estate plan, please let us know. Columbia would like to thank you for your generosity by including you in the 1754 Society, our honorary society for alumni, grateful patients, faculty, staff, and friends of Columbia who have made future plans for the University through trust, estate, or other future gifts. The Society recognizes the vital role benefactors have played over the centuries in Columbia’s emergence as a preeminent educational institution and the role they play today in ensuring its continued excellence. Your membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but it does allow us to thank you and recognize you for the plans you have made, and it may inspire generosity in others.
Columbia welcomes you to the 1754 Society if you have:
- Included Columbia in your estate plan through a will or living trust.
- Created a charitable remainder trust, administered by either Columbia or another trustee, which names Columbia as the remainder beneficiary.
- Entered into a charitable gift annuity agreement with Columbia.
- Named Columbia as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan.
- Established a donor-advised fund at Columbia.
Become a Member
Please contact us to let us know you have made future plans for CUIMC. We will send you your membership acknowledgment and welcome letter. The specifics of your arrangements for CUIMC will remain confidential.